Want to make your own beef stroganoff at home? This easy beef stroganoff recipe will teach you how to achieve tender and juicy beef using the 30-second searing process. To start, you must make sure you’re using only quality cut such as chuck beef. This cut offers better value than other cuts of beef, giving your juiciness and perfection with every bite. In addition, it usually has less fat so it’s also healthier!
You’re here in this page to learn how to make the perfect beef stroganoff. So without further ado, let’s get cooking!
- 600 grams a fillet steak
- One large onion
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 300 grams of mushroom
- 150 mL sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 300 grams pasta or egg noodles
- Chives, chopped (For garnish)
- Use a rolling pin to flatten the stakes about one-third inch thick.
- Slice the beef into 5 mm strips while discarding excess fat.
- Garnish with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet together with one tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Place half of the beef strips evenly in the skillet, maintaining high heat for 30 seconds until the meat turns brown in color.
- Remove the beef strips and transfer onto a plate. Don’t worry about the meat being raw inside.
- Add another tablespoon of vegetable oil. Repeat the previous steps with the rest of the beef bits.
- This time, turn the heat to medium-high. Then, add butter to melt. Add your onions and cook for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms. Cook until golden brown.
- Scrape off the bottom of the pan to take off the golden bits. These will give your dish a nice, savory flavor.
- Add 2 tablespoons of flour, constantly stirring for 1 minute.
- Add half of the broth while still stirring continuously. Once mixed, add the rest of the broth.
- Add sour cream and mustard while continuing with the stirring. Do this until everything is well blended.
- Simmer the mixture and then reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Once thickened, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in the cooked beef strips. Simmer for 1 minute and then remove from heat immediately.
- Serve your beef stroganoff with pasta or other noodles of your choice.
- Garnish with chives if desired.
Liv is a food lover. After living on her own for 5 years, she has learned to cook meals for herself and her guests. She improvizes recipes that she found online and adds her own twist to them.