Want to make easy and spicy grilled shrimp at home? The good news is this grilled shrimp recipe is very doable in just 123 steps. If you are a fan of delicious, spicy dishes, you sure are going to love this recipe. It makes a great dish for barbeque parties, pool parties, or just about any day when the craving for grilled seafood strikes.
Shrimps are juicy, soft, and healthier compared to grilled meat. It’s also easy to cook, requiring less grill time than pork, chicken, or beef. It will only take a few minutes for you to finish grilling shrimps on skewers. You can also add veggies to your spicy grilled shrimp skewers to make it even healthier. So if you’re ready, Let’s hop into it!
What you’ll need:
- 2 pounds medium-sized shrimps
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, juice extracted
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Metal or wooden skewers
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro
- Mix minced garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, cilantro, kosher salt, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl to make a spicy grilled shrimp marinade.
- Marinate the shrimp in this mixture for 30 minutes and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the grill the medium-high and lightly oil the grilling area.
- Take the shrimps from the marinade. Place about 5 shrimps per skewer.
- Grill on medium-high heat until the shrimps turn pink or opaque in the center, approximately 2 minutes per side.
- For shrimps that are cooked evenly and juicy, try wrapping them in aluminum foil individually.
- Serve hot. Garnish with more cilantro if desired.
Enjoy this refreshing seafood dish with family and friends this summer or spring season. Do this with your kids or other family members and surely, it will be a fun activity everybody will enjoy, just like how they enjoy a couple of fun racing games online. Happy grilling!
Liv is a food lover. After living on her own for 5 years, she has learned to cook meals for herself and her guests. She improvizes recipes that she found online and adds her own twist to them.